Amelia has mastered another milestone this week thanks to her big sister! On Monday at breakfast we started doing Pat-a-cake with her. Why would we do that at breakfast when it is already messy enough you ask? That is just the way we work around here, learning is messy!
Amelia started clapping and Amanda couldn't believe it! She started yelling, "she clapped" and now she claps and yells, "yay, yay!" I really think she is picking up more language at an earlier age than Amanda did, but then I may have forgotten because I know Amanda was quite the talker and still is.
This stage of life couldn't be anymore fun I don't think. I love the way a little baby who is learning to talk tries so hard. Sometimes, she will mouth the sounds we are teaching her like when she was learning to say, bye, bye, she would silently mouth "b"trying so hard to get those sounds out. This is just so precious to me! Of course, she has bye bye down now and even waves when she does it. Tonight, she told everyone "night, night" and waves, then she hugs, and kisses us. I just love it! She pointed to her sister tonight when daddy asked her where sissy was?
Yesterday at the store she was pointing to the balloons and saying, "ba-boon" she is loving the large balloons we have leftover from papaw's party! I like them too since they are Mylar, I am not much of a fan of latex balloons around kids after going to a conference on safety with kids one day when I first started teaching. They shared how when a balloon popped how quickly a piece can be swallowed by a child and then every time the child inhaled the balloon piece expanded and the child ended up dying. I haven't forgotten that and never allowed balloons or lollipops. or hard candies in my classroom. I have lightened up a little as a mom with the lollipops as long as she is sitting in a chair, but we don't bring latex balloons into our home right now with Amelia and hard candies will never be allowed after our neighbor's three year old grandchild choked on a peppermint and died. I was reading the other day that any object that can fit through a toilet paper tube is too small to have around young kids. So, whoever made all those small accessories to all the tiny princess dolls my 4 year old loves so much, can't possibly have children, there is just no way!