Thursday, June 17, 2010

Adventurous or nuts?











Last week I decided to overcome my fears and take both kids to the pool by myself. Just call me Mrs. Adventure.
They were suppose to have a bunch of kid's activities planned but when we got there it was overcast and sprinkling.......I guess that is why other than the two lifeguards.........we were the only ones there!



Most kids would love having the pool to themselves but not our Amanda, she wanted to "make new friends" and wondered where all the kids were? I wondered to until I got into the water and almost froze to death. No one was there because either their moms weren't nuts, or less adventurous than Amanda's momma. I prefer to think it was the latter of the two.

























Amanda was a great sport about playing with Amelia in the baby pool for a while. After a little while another baby came and joined Amelia for a few minutes in the pool before they decided it was too cold to stay.
I started talking to the mom who looked familiar and it turns out that we taught at the same school, at the same time, for just a year. I started to remember her the more we talked and she remembered me so it was fun to connect and to learn that she is now one of our neighbors and her son is a perfect playmate for Amelia.







Poor Amelia just wanted to be warm and go take her afternoon nap!

We discovered these beautiful bushes coming home from our adventure and would love for some to be planted in our yard. Not a hint or anything daddy, we were just enjoying God's beautiful creations and would love to have some in our yard, preferably the side yard. Again, not a hint or anything! We would never hint around like that especially since we haven't opened up the comments section of our blog so you can comment back.







My tired baby says ,"No more pics please mom."

We came home and Amanda wanted to have her ABC spaghetti that she picked out for a special treat and she shared some with Amelia for the first time and of course, she gobbled it all up like she does everything else you put in front of her as long as SHE puts it in her own mouth. We have learned not to even TRY and help because she won't have it! My friend told me that I will love this down the road.......I love it now, but would still like to feed her from a spoon a little if she would let me. Must be a second child thing!









All BY MYSELF we will remember this moment when the pools get crowded.








Those bushes really are beautiful don't you think so honey?