Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lost? Get Chicken!

Our happy Monday didn't start out too happy.....we were on the road to meet some friends from our moms group to bounce away all of our excess energy. We were going to the same place my girlfriend and I met at when we took our kids to play this summer but.........that time I used map quest to find it and had absolutely NO problem finding it which is HUGE for me since getting LOST is my middle name.

This time I figured we would use GPS and I thought it was taking us the LONG WAY since it seemed to take forever and we were on all of these delightful, back, curvy, country, roads..........after an hour of stopping and reprogramming GPS several times we just said forget it. I was so sad for Amanda since she was so excited and felt so bad for her to miss it. The guilt kicked in big time and so did all those little voices in my head saying, "you should have used map quest idiot! Now your child has missed out on having fun and it's all your fault."

So I looked for a solution to end the guilt and what do you you think it was????????????

If you guessed Chick-filet, then you guessed right! (sorry no prizes since anyone that knows me knows I go here when I need that "mommy hood lift") There is nothing like nuggets to melt away any guilt. I must have apologized to Amanda a 100 times and she was so sweet about it and wasn't upset at all.

She asked me while we were eating, "Do you still feel bad mommy?

I told her "yes" and she said, "when life gives you lemons mommy, MAKE LEMONADE!"

(God really knew what he was doing when he gave me Amanda)