Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's resolution

Well, after feeling like the world's worst mom last night, I decided I need to add to my list of New Year's resolutions and take a refresher Child CPR class. We gave Amanda a small candy cane last night after dinner (her first actually this year) I sat right next to her because I was worried about choking! She did fine with it and ran off to wash her hands. I didn't realize she still had some in her mouth so when she ran she started coughing like she was choking and it freaked me out because I couldn't get to her very fast (I sprained my ankle so I am slow at getting around lately) so she started running to me causing more of the choking sound, I totally forgot everything I have ever learned in any of my CPR classes that I proudly took every year to keep up on it while teaching.........however, I haven't taught since Amanda's birth so I didn't keep up on the CPR. I starting screaming for my husband to come and he did and thinking she was choking because of my screaming, picked her and hit her on her back! The poor child just had some stuck in her teeth at that point! She was so upset because she thought she did something wrong and her daddy was spanking her on her back! AHHHH! We both feel so bad and have hugged and kissed her and assured it wasn't her fault. Mommy just needs to stay calm at times like this, I always did teaching with other people's kids but it is so different with my own! So anyone want to take a class with me?